Monday, July 23, 2007

Snorkeling.

Of course I wanted to make the most of what Hawaii's beaches have to offer, so I put on some goggles and jumped in at McKenna Beach in Maui. Once I put the Costco bought snorkeling goggles I was semi-freaking out. First, I am not the greatest swimmer ever, practically self taught in high school, and second we were in the F-ing deep waters of the ocean, and finally no lifeguards! I regained my cool and practiced breathing. I grabbed a bogey board and along with my cousin and her boyfriend we swam further and further into the horizon. As I was finding my balance, I fell off the board and for a second I was thinking "fuck no I'm not going to drown," then I got up and kept paddling away. Eventually I got comfortable and stuck my head into the water and saw plenty of an-ne-me-ne-mo-nem-ees anemones and pretty fishes. The feeling of Under the Sea than Jaws was playing in my head. Love to do it again with trained professionals.

1 comment:

Name is Nel... said...

man. i wanna snorkel in Hawaii. let's see, Disneyworld or Srufing in Hawaii... or CRUISE? we must do one next year!