Sunday, July 08, 2007

Hey now you're an All-Star.

All-Star week has arrived in San Francisco and I have participated as much I could during this very busy weekend. Along with my sister, I attended a couple of volunteer meetings to help out at DHL's Fan Fest. On Tuesday night, I sat through an volunteer orientation where I got this cool All Star fanny pack (they are back in ladies and gentlemen) and two free tickets to Fan Fest, and my unlimited pass into the fan fest. Even though I was originally suppose to work Saturday night, I went to volunteer for some private Safeway sponsored party Thursday night.

At 6pm, we entered Moscone Center and got my 2 free Giants game tickets for August (holla), and uniform consisted of a cap, bright yellow mock and big name tag pin. I was too tiny for a polo so we tried to make the mock look as stylish as we could, it ended up as a long shirt dress hahaha. We walked to the empty convention center and were all assigned different zones. The 'managers' put me and my sister at the busiest attraction for 3-7 years old. Great fun with the children right? Well, at our station we had around 9 mini cars, with sports teams labeled, where kids raced against each other by peddling down the track. At first we had very few kids stopping by but as two or three came all of them came at once. At one point all the cars were in use and they were all crashing into walls.

We had to help out carrying and facing the mini-cars in the right direction. Yeah I tried to peddle I got as far as a foot away. Some kids were so cute, being so shy or sticking out their tongues. Just too adorable for words. And some poor kids exerting so much force you can see it on their little chubby faces. Double cute! And to top it off 2 steering wheels broke off of the Giants car. Even though by the end of the night my legs were about to break, making those kids happy was worth it. Our shift ended at 11pm and got some free pennants and cold Pepsi outside. I'm going to enjoy exploring the place as fast as I can tomorrow with my little to no free time. I hear Taco Bell is giving free tacos woo!

No comments: