Thursday, April 19, 2007

TV Talk.

Lost: "Catch 22"
Really if you don't watch lost don't dare to look. I see you turn away now. How could you not love a show where they show an arrow go through a guy's neck? Or laugh at a Korean guy telling a ghost story? Last night's episode focused on Desmond easily one of my favorite characters next to Ben. Found out he was a monk, now the whole "brother" name calling fits in. Des was engaged to Ruth, who looked very young, but left her a week before their wedding for the monastery, OUCH. However, he eventually got fired after drinking wine (made 108 cases a year) and met his love Penny. (Easter egg: the main monk had a picture of him and Mrs. Hawking, same crazy lady from when Desmond relived the past.)

Okay back to island, Desmond had a vision of Charlie's awesome demise by a trapped arrow by Rousseau and a parachuter coming down to their island. Along with Jin and Hurley, the men took their journey and saw a supposed "helicopter" crash with a parachuter. WTF right? They reached the point where Charlie was suppose to be brutally killed but Desmond, chose to save Charlie's life over Penny he believed as the parachuter finding him. Charlie did not get killed and his guitar was somehow not crushed after being tackled. Then found Portuguese version of "Catch-22" with a picture of Demond & Penny! Wow. (End of season 2, those men hired looking for electromagnetic fields spoke Portuguese as well) They eventually found the parachuter and it ended up being another women who blurted out "Desmond" before she passed out. I immediately Imdb-d her and it's the actress from Las Vegas. Hopefully she will remain conscious enough to provide answers that she was hired by Penny. Damn only 4 episodes left?

American Idol - Top 7
Going into country week immediately I thought it would be a bore. Somewhat right. Performances were alright: Phil I guess was good, I can't take him seriously when he continues to look like Gollum; Jordin was very good and gets prettier each week, top 3 guaranteed; Sanjaya killed it with his bandanna really I can't look away; LaKisha shouted her song, don't ever sing a song by a former AI winner; Chris is nasally, I wish he was better; Melinda you are already too good for your own neck good, wasn't it funny they went to see the preview of Shrek haha; Blake what more can I say? You looked good, you picked a song I actually knew, but not as great of what you could be.

Eliminations was on while I was paying more attention to the Warriors playoff push. The idols saw Shrek the Third, lifeless group performance they should stop singing as a group, boring performance by Fergie, I skipped the Martina McBride performance, Ryan interviewing people outside the Kodak theater random Amazing Race BJ sighting, Bucky was there or his twin? Antonio Banderas promoting his movie saying its released sometime in June, so wrong its in May! and too easy Idol trivia about this year's rocker, Ford music video I missed, and Idol sticking up for Simon's supposed eye-roll.

Idols were split into 2 groups - the highest number of votes (Phil, Jordin, Chris) and the lowest (Sanjaya, LaKisha, Blake) and Melinda just sitting on the floor when Seacrest asked her to choice a side. I could have been scared for Blake but I was too distracted my bad. All day I had a feeling Sanjaya was going home and he did. Poor kid actually cried, I sort of left bad. The reign of Sanjaya is over and now the real singers are left. I will kind of miss the bad hairstyles, the uncomfortable glances to the camera, his scrawny dance moves and the awkward smile. But I doubt that will be the last of Sanjaya. Damn he's going to be there at the finale. Until next week, Idol Gives Back!


No comments: