Saturday, December 01, 2007

Hello December.

Hello it is a Friday night, do you know where your kids are? What. Hi. It is the last month of 2007 and I am over it but not before celebrating the holidays. Finals I can do without. I can't wait to do all things merry. It is 2 in the morning and I just thought of a blog. I promise you I didn't include everything because hey it is 2 in the morning. So check for more updates but here's a list of my preparations of holiday cheer:

- Hold the ladder when my Dad climbs into the attic. Very important job. Without it Christmas can be ruined.
- A tree preferably taller than me. It is better to go Home Depot early for nice plump Douglas Fir. Oh a trick, switch the color tags to get a cheaper priced tree. My gift to you.

- Santa Mickey Mouse (right, pic found on Ebay!). Enough said. I'm missing that bell tho.
- Holiday music on rotation: The Carpenters, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Alvin & the Chipmunks, NSYNC, Michael Buble, Christina Aguilera, Celine Dion, the list goes on. Especially Frost the Snowman cd. A MUST!
- Hot chocolate in big mugs wearing snowflake socks watching Home Alone 2.
- Putting our old Christmas stencil lights up in each window. I think the candy cane broke though.
- Ice skating while wearing scarfs, mittens, hats, and big oversized coats.
- Picture taking in front of the Union Square tree at night.
- Light frost over my roof and cars on the street. I still hold out hope that one day my hill will become a wicked snow mountain to where I would slide down. And have snowball fights, oh what a lovely Christmas miracle that would be.
- Christmas lights everywhere. So be apart of the holiday cheer and throw some mechanical reindeer on your property.

No comments: