Thursday, October 11, 2007

Free Night at the Movies.

So last week I was lucky enough to catch a free early screening of Dan in Real Life with Gianel and Selene. I love how we were getting free tickets for something else and we ended up with this. So I went into this movie not knowing too much because of the lack of press at the time. It stars Steve Carell as an advice columnist raising his three girls and meets a woman in a bookstore during a family weekend at his parents house. They get to know each other but then Dan finds out she is dating his brother. It is a pretty cute movie and funnier than I expected. Steve Carell is hilarious and his dance moves alone is a reason to watch this.


Last night got to watch Lars and the Real Girl with Gianel and Jovianne. If you don't already know, probably you don't, the movie is about a lonely Lars, played by the brilliant Ryan Gosling, who purchases as life size doll and treats her as though she is alive. It is an emotional journey for Lars and for his community, who accept and treat the doll as a real person too. Ryan Gosling is so lovable and really a must watch. He really knows how to choose interesting and diverse roles; he's so hot right now. The movie is like nothing I have ever seen and I had plenty of laughs and aww moments. And fuck a lady who ssshes me for eating popcorn.

2 comments:

Name is Nel... said...

GREAT MOVIES! We need to see Darjeeling Limited. I don't think I have watched this many movies in less that a month, but hey they're free!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh you watched it!!!!!! you beeeeezies!