Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pampered.

What a much needed tranquil afternoon I experienced along with fellow lovely females at the Burke Williams Spa in San Francisco's Westfield Centre. I always wondered what happened in there with my curious eyes from below with the rest of the tired shoppers. Along with my cousins, we headed to the mall (who knew?) for rest and relaxation. We entered wide black doors to the receptionist desk with workers in their sleek black suits. At that point I knew I was going be given the star treatment, a much needed pampering as I say so myself. We got a tour, this place is huge. We got our own lockers and accommodations to water, towels, sandals, robes, shampoo, conditioner, razors, tampons, lotions, face wash, mouth wash, hair dryers, curling iron; everything a girl could ask for! And they served the best chilled lemonade during the waiting room. Delicious!

As giddy as a school girl, I hopped into my robe and dipped in my toes into the jacuzzi. Soon after I had my pure relaxation massage appointment. First timer here. I was taken into a hall full of rooms and hopped into a warm table. The session lasted 5o minutes and went by too fast. I was really tense in my neck, damn computer! and was told to drink plenty of H20. After I cruised through the jacuzzi, steam room where I almost lost my cousin. I grabbed some cucumbers and a cold towel and headed in. The cucumbers smelled great and headed out when I couldn't breathe anymore. Then laid in the sauna which better suits my tastes.

Then I grabbed an apple and sat with the fellow ladies, we were all there for a bridal shower. I looked down at the fellow shoppers holding my lemonade in my terry robe and felt like a million bucks. After drinking many cold glasses of lemonade I headed back to the jacuzzi and entered the mist room where within seconds could not see my cousin across from me. Very cool. I took advantage of my stay and entered the sauna again. Also, "the quiet room" had at least 10 leather seats and I could not even be quiet in there with the chair being so loud.

Burke Spa is a great treat for any female or male, consider gift certificiates and you will be the best person ever. And bring a bathing suit because I did not enjoy seeing a naked lady during the tour. Otherwise, I really recommend this place. If I could I'd live there seriously. So take time and pamper yourselves. Love your body & love yourself.

No comments: