Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Enchanted



Magical! I watched Enchanted last weekend, and I must say it is definitely a must see and buy DVD. I adore movies with musical numbers, and especially this one because it is a Disney produced film and composed by the same people who brought you Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, to name a few.

What makes this movie truly enchanting (I went there) is that it uses 2D animation and real action. There hasn't been any good use of 2D classics since, Mulan? So I was happy to see a new princess, Giselle, but I doubt she will be included in any of the Princess line. She looks like a more modern Ariel. Amy Adams is brilliant and believable as a princess sent to the human world through New York City. I'm predicting her name during the award season. The chemistry between Adams and Patrick Dempsey are so believable. He just knows have to look at a female. A lot of 'ouch' moments, if you know what I mean.

I left the theater singing a lot of the songs. The soundtrack has a couple songs sung by Amy Adams and James Marsden, who by the way is always casted as the number 2 guy. I think the heart tugging moment has to belong to the ball scene. Can I cut in? Also look for little hidden Disney references. So go watch this romantic animated comedy. It is surprisingly hilarious and little disturbing watching rodents clean an apartment. The story is pretty predictable but isn't that what we want to watch? A happily ever after.





How does she know that you love her?

No comments: